1. The property known as 'East Titchberry Farm Cottage' ('the Property') is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Sarah Clark ('the Owner') to the renter ('the Client').
2. To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 5) is payable not less than 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the property. In this event, clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period requite full payment at the time of booking.
4. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period (e.g. welcome pack) should be settled locally with the Owner's representative before departure.
5. A security deposit of £50.00 is required in case of, for example, damage to the Property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within 2 weeks after the end of the rental period. An additional refundable deposit of £50.00 is also required to ensure that the property is returned to the same level of cleanliness in which it was received (excluding all linen) .
6, Subject to clauses 2 & 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner's insurance.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
8. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed 5 unless the Owner has given written permission.
9. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Client also agrees not to act in a way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
10. The Client shall report to the Owner's representative without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
11. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
a. For any temporary stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden.
b. For any loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
c. For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within 7 days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12. Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England . Any proceeding arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England .
Please note that these booking conditions will be included on our confirmation invoice/statement.